Monday, September 25, 2006

parking problems

The more I spend time in our apartment the more I'm beginning to like it! I've never lived in such a big room! The only problem is that you can hear very well what the others are doing in their rooms! :)) So far, it has been quite fun living with the guys (Uku and David), although we already had our first (friendly!) argument last night - we are thinking of having a welcome party in our flat and we have some disagreements concerning the number of people and some other issues. Hopefully we we'll manage to sort it out peacefully! :)
Right now my biggest problem concerns parking the car - I went to some municipal office today to get a parking permit to park my car in front of the house. Unfortunately, it turned out that they are not issuing parking permits on the basis of a rental contract - only the owner of the apartment can apply for the permit. Since we are renting the flat via a real estate agency and the owner is currently abroad (she's not even Hungarian), this will be a big problem. Today I already got a parking ticket, but since there's no way for them to trace where and whose name the car is registered to (I have the old license plate and no "EST" sticker), they cannot claim the parking fine. And as the ticket is in Hungarian only, I could not figure out when, where and how much I would have to pay, I decided not to pay at all! :)) Let's see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home