Monday, November 13, 2006

more things going on..

As you've probably noticed, I haven't been posting anything lately. The reason is that I've been extremely busy (what a surprise!).
Anyway, I planned to spend the whole weekend studying and working, which unfortunately didn't happen. On Saturday morning I went swimming, still in the outdoor pool, as usual. It sounds unbelievable, but it's NOT cold in the water, even if it's 0 degrees outside. Saturday evening I went to see a movie on the Human Rights Film festival in Budapest. The docmentary is titled "Sisters in Law" and it's about a women judge and attorney fighting against traditional customs affecting women in Cameroon. Really impressive and powerful! It was good to see African women shown unstereotypically (not everyone there is poor, starving and abused!) - these women in the film were educated, smart and successful.
I saw another movie today - another documentary. I especially wanted to see that, because it's a South African movie, made quite recently. It's titled "The Mother's House" and it's set in a coloured township outside of Cape Town.
Before the movie, I went to a small shop in the movie theatre, selling some African clothes and beads! This reminded me of South Africa. Although there wasn't too much choice, I bought some beads and made these earrings today.

I almost forgot - yesterday evening we went with a group of CEU students to a gay club!! ;) I didn't really want to go in the first place, because I had planned to study that evening, but David, my flatmate insisted that I came along, because he said he needs protection! ;) It was somewhere in the middle of nowhere, really far away, on the Buda side. At the entrance, the people selling tickets asked us if we knew what kind of club it was! ;) I had never been to a gay club before. It was quite fun, I have to admit. I actually felt better than in a "regular" club, because I knew that all those guys standing there and staring on the dance floor were not interested in girls, but checking other guys out! ;) On the other hand, I felt a bit bad because we just went there out of curiosity and so we stood there and observed people as if we were in a zoo... Although later on we were dancing quite a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home